Church Family –
We look forward to Phase 1 of reopening our church for worship on Sunday, June 7th! Our prayerful plan for Phase 1 is to bring Sunday’s family drive-in service into the church sanctuary as well as re-open for mid-week service. Of course, as and if circumstances change, we will prayerfully take action accordingly and will continue transparent communication with the entire church body. Services will continue to be a bit different for the foreseeable future, but as Pastor Chuck taught: “Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be broken!” The leadership team and I will continue to pray and seek God’s will and guidance as we move towards future phases of reopening. As Christians, we are called to love and serve one other, so while you may not personally prefer all of the guidelines we have outlined below, I want to encourage you to proceed in love, grace, patience, and understanding towards us and others! Let’s do this the way the Lord would have us to do it - trusting Him and placing others before ourselves! God’s ways WILL EQUAL God’s results and that’s what we all seek!
<>< Pastor Matt
1) HIGH-RISK OR ANXIOUS INDIVIDUALS: Any persons considered to be at high risk for contracting, carrying, or displaying symptoms of COVID-19 are encouraged to stay home and worship with us online. If we see that you are sick, regardless of the symptom, we may ask you and your household to go home until you are all well. If you are at all anxious, fearful, or uncomfortable about gathering, please stay home – it is not bad, wrong, or a sign of weakness at all. You should do what is right for your family - every circumstance and household is unique and we understand that. All worship services will continue to be broadcast on Livestream and Facebook.
2) CHILDREN’S AND YOUTH MINISTRY: For Phase 1, we will not be opening Children’s or Youth Ministry. Children and youth are welcome in the sanctuary, and families are encouraged to worship together. Children and youth MUST stay with their parents at all times. On Sundays, Ms. Auburn will continue to do a 5-10-minute children’s lesson after worship. Mid-week service will not contain a segment for children and will be our “normal” full-length service.
3) SOCIAL DISTANCING: Do your best, when possible, to maintain six feet of space between you and any non-family members. We do realize our church facility will not allow for six feet of space to be maintained at all times. Also, please assume that others want space and ask them before you hug them or offer a handshake. Please make sure your kids are respectful of other people’s space too (this is why we are asking kids to stay with and be supervised by their parents at all times). As difficult as it may be, for Phase 1, please adopt a hearty fist bump in lieu of a holy hug session!
4) PROTECTIVE MEASURES: Masks are optional and highly encouraged. Please note that Pastor Matt and the worship team will not be wearing masks during service so they can teach and worship freely. It is also understood that masks are not generally recommended for younger ages and especially for people with breathing issues including asthma. We also ask that people, adults and children, take their temperatures at home prior to coming to service. Please stay home if you or anyone in your family has an elevated temperature.
5) FOOD, DRINK, AND COMMUNION: For Phase 1, we will refrain from distributing anything that can be ingested. No food, coffee, or water will be served. Feel free to bring your own water bottles and travel coffee mugs from home. The Pantry will remain closed. Please let us know if your family has practical needs as we are here to help. For Phase 1, we will not be offering communion and may consider doing a virtual communion service at some point in the future.
6) FELLOWSHIP: Out of an abundance of caution, there will be no five-minute meet and greet time after service has started. We encourage you to fellowship outside (weather permitting) before and after service where there is more space to spread out.
7) FACILITIES: Bathrooms will be open and frequently touched surfaces will be sanitized before and after services. The building will be closed except for the lobby, sanctuary, fellowship room, and bathrooms. The cleaning ministry will begin again on Tuesdays and Saturdays in June. If you would like to join the cleaning team, please contact We need your help!
8) ENCOURAGEMENT: Come to church! Please do your best unto the Lord to abide by the above guidelines and do come! Put on a fancy mask, prepare for some love-filled fist bumps, and let’s gather again as the Body of Christ. Let’s worship the Lord, let’s sing praises to Him, and let’s pray together for the safety and health of our precious C4 family! We can’t wait to SEE YOU SOON!